8. About how long will it take to complete this form?
We estimate that it will take an average of 13 minutes to complete this form. This includes time to read instructions, assemble and review information, and record answers on the form.
9. Are estimates acceptable?
Yes, carefully prepared estimates are acceptable if book figures are not readily available.
10. Why do you need to know if I own other companies or if another company owns my firm?
We do not want to duplicate data if you are affiliated with other companies that may already be in one of our surveys.
11. I have more than one business location; should I answer the questions for all of our business locations, or just the one indicated in the label area?
Complete the form for all business establishments operating under the EIN indicated in the label area. Please be sure to complete Item 8 on the form for all locations associated with the EIN.
12. What if I am a nonprofit organization?
You must still complete your form and return it to the Census Bureau. Nonprofit organizations are covered in the Business and Classification Survey. Coverage is based on what primary activity an establishment performs. Coverage is not affected by an organizationís profit objectives, ownership, tax status, or other organizational characteristics.
13. I have returned my form. Why have I received another just like it?
We send follow-up letters and forms when the deadline passes. Your returned form and our follow-up letter and form may have crossed in the mail. If you have returned your form and receive another one just like it, with the identical identification code in the address section, please dispose of it.