8. Why should my company fill out this form?
The survey produces revenue statistics for your segment of the economy. In other words, you can receive important economic information regarding your industry quicker than ever before.
9. How did my company get picked for this survey?
Your firm was chosen from a scientifically selected sample of businesses. Taking a sample is less costly than contacting every business in the country. Smaller firms selected for the sample represent other similar businesses.
10. How long will my company be in this survey?
The sample will be revised periodically, approximately every five years, in order to relieve most firms from the burden of continually reporting.
11. How is the privacy of my company protected?
Under title 13 of the United States Code, your responses are completely confidential, only those people sworn to uphold the confidentiality of the Census Bureau will see your responses.
12. How do I know that no one can access the data from your computers?
Data maintained in the Bureau's computer system is not accessible to anyone outside the Census Bureau. Our computers cannot be accessed through telephone lines - there is no direct dial up.
13. About how long will it take me to complete this form?
The length of time it will take you to complete this form has been estimated to be 15 minutes.