11. Besides mailing the form back, are there any other ways to report?
Yes, there are several ways to report.
12. About how long will it take to complete this form?
Estimated time for completing the Annual Retail Trade Survey, Accommodations or Food Services Reports are listed before the certification item on the report form.
13. I need more time. Can I obtain an extension?
Yes. Go to econhelp.census.gov/arts click on the 'ONLINE SERVICES' button, enter your unique Username and Password found on the front page of the report form, click on the 'Request Time Extension' button, and follow the instructions.
14. Are estimates acceptable?
Yes, carefully prepared estimates are acceptable if book figures are not readily available.
15. Why do you need to know if I own other companies or if another company owns my firm?
We do not want to duplicate data if you are affiliated with other companies that may already be in one of our surveys.
16. Can I report cost of goods sold instead of purchases?
We prefer that you provide purchases, but if you can't, cost of goods sold is acceptable. If you use cost of goods sold, indicate this in the Remarks section.
17. If I need another copy of the questionnaire(s), how can I obtain one?
Go to econhelp.census.gov/arts click on the 'ONLINE SERVICES' button, enter your unique Username and Password found on the front page of the report form, click on the 'Form Remail' or 'Fax Request' button, and follow the instructions.
18. Can I be paid for completing the survey?
No. The law authorizing this survey (Title 13, U.S. Code) does not authorize funds for payment.
19. Why do I need to report detailed operating expenses on the 2012 ARTS form?
In order to produce official national estimates of value added, gross output, and to improve the quality of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP)-by-state accounts, this year's report form requests additional information about your business' operating expenses.